[hpsdr] Advantages/Disadvantages of Pin diode switching?

Rick ve3mm richardstasiak at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 03:35:39 PDT 2013

At Dayton this year, I was trying out one of the Flex 6000 series radios.
 The Flex rep told me that there are two TR switching systems in the new
radio.  A pin diode system is used for cw and a relay based system is used
for all other modes.  The QSK on cw seemed to be good during my very
limited exposure to the radio.

Maybe this is a scheme that would work for our radios.

73 Rick ve3mm