[hpsdr] Advantages/Disadvantages of Pin diode switching?

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Tue Jun 4 00:42:40 PDT 2013

Hi Greg.

If you look at the schematics for the Elecraft KPA500 TR Switch, you will
see that they use e 1N5408 in the TX path. The bias current is not more
than 500 mA as it is driven from 5V via a 10 Ohm resistor.

In Apollo ( max power measured= 25W PEP at 20V Vdd) I am using a Pin
diode(MA4P7102F) with 35 mA bias but I have tested with S1M, a normal
1000V silicone diode and I see no difference. The loss is around 0,5 dB in
both.

73, Kjell

Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/