[hpsdr] Hermes/Angelia Microphone Recommendation

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Sat Jun 8 13:25:09 PDT 2013

Pages 39-44 of the ANAN-100 Users Guide describe in detail how to hook
up an inexpensive "PC Microphone" found in any Office Supply or Radio
Shack store ($39.95). Or alternatively, you can use the RJ-11 adapter
and a modular (Kenwood) microphone.

Bill KC9XG spent a considerable amount of time describing the details of
the Radio Shack mono to stereo adapter that he used with his Heil
Headset:  http://www.n9vv.com/N9VV-KC9XG-Microphone-PTT.html

N9VV has written about using an expensive Studio condenser mic with an
XLR to USB adapter to connect to his PC:
http://www.n9vv.com/N9VV-Apache-Labs-Connectors.html and using VAC to
steer the audio to the rig if necessary. Bob Heil is now selling that
style adapter in a beautiful purple color <g>

I also use a Wireless ASUS Headset, Logitech Headset, and Lenovo Headset
purchased from Amazon for $6. They all work perfectly and I am told my
audio is exceptional for ESSB on 3.630 LSB at night.

Is this info helpful?
BK de Ken N9VV