[hpsdr] Hermes/Angelia Microphone Recommendation

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Jun 10 16:45:22 PDT 2013

I am using a Heil boom mic/headset with the standard element on my
Hermes, and have been getting great audio reports with no EQ or other
messing around.  The only oddity is that I needed to adjust the mic gain
range in PowerSDR-mRx to allow setting about +25 dB, way more than the
default.  I also turned the "mic boost" on.

Wiring was simple -- the Heil cable has a 3.5mm stereo plug for
headphones and a 3.5mm mono plug for mic audio.  A 3.5mm
mono-jack-to-RCA-plug adapter to one side of a 3.5mm stereo-to-dual-RCA
cable connected the mic side, and a 6.35mm mono-jack-to-RCA-plug adapter
to the other side connected either a foot switch or handheld PTT switch.

John
----