[hpsdr] Hermes/Angelia Microphone Recommendation

John Marvin jm-hpsdr at themarvins.org
Mon Jun 10 18:57:20 PDT 2013

A pure  dynamic microphone requires the type of boost described (20-25
db beyond the 20db mic boost setting). An electret condenser microphone
that uses the power that Hermes can provide on the mic jack will not
need as much boost.  Looking at the Heil website it's not clear what
type of microphones they use on their headset/boom mikes. It looks like
they may provide both types, with most of them being dynamic but some of
them being electret condenser.

John
AC0ZG