[hpsdr] Hermes/Angelia Microphone Recommendation

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Tue Jun 11 12:01:40 PDT 2013

Hello Jeff,

I'm using the original kit i.e. Mercury, Penelope, Ozymandias etc, and have
recently started to use a Heil headset that I bought on eBay. I set
everything up as per  http:/www.w1aex.com/psdrgain/psdrgain.html  and I also
find that it's necessary to tick the 20 dB Mic Boost box. In addition I use
15 dBs of Mic gain, 5 dBs of Compression and I have the Downward Expander
set at -36.  The reports that I'm getting back as regards audio quality are
very encouraging. The headset and VOX work very nicely together.

Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.