[hpsdr] Fwd: Re: New HPSDR/P*SDR Release - Display, 384K, and more

H.A.Meijer meijer.ha at home.nl
Sun Mar 3 07:06:40 PST 2013

Hi,

Just a little report here.
Running hermes-board and 2.3 firmware and I7 PC W7-64.
Everything seems to work o.k. also on the max panadapter bandwidth of
1.1MHz,
and even nicer (AM) audio now then before.

Audio buffer size: 2048, sample rate: 384000
Display FPS:60  Bin Width:2.930   DSP buffer Size:8192
Maximal CPU : +/- 23%  and the 100MB  network use : +/-90%.

Things I discovert are that at DSP buffer Size 16384 (max) and in
combination with ANF or NR enabled that the panadater gets problems to
stay "real time".
And that at the XVTR setup, when adjusting the RX-gain (to calibrate out
the transverter gain), the panadapter is not adjusted. the signal meter
is adjusted o.k..
The NB has some problems in the AM mode.

Thanks for this really nice upgrade, the higher resolution panadapter is
great for us "weak-signal hunters"  now I'm ready for that "WOW! signal"
Thanks to all that are involved,  Warren, Doug ...

Bert PA2XHF