[hpsdr] Crash in mx PowerSDR_mRX_v3.0.0.0

chris at chrismitchellhome.net chris at chrismitchellhome.net
Tue Mar 5 15:39:15 PST 2013

Environment: Windows 8, 64-bit

I'm getting a NullReferenceException in PowerSDR.Display.Target.set() on line 419.

Quick inspection in the debugger suggests that console is null.  Dispay.console is set later in Console.Console(...) than where I've progressed.

Looks like the ResumeLayouts are causing resizes before we're ready and the resizes are calling into console/display before inited.

Placing a null check in Target.set() seemed to have fixed the crash, implying there were no other problems.

I have two machines: one does this and the other doesn't.  I haven't attempted to debug both yet, but wanted to pass it on nonetheless.

> PowerSDR.exe!PowerSDR.Display.Target.set(System.Windows.Forms.Control value) Line 419 + 0x18 bytes C#
  PowerSDR.exe!PowerSDR.Console.picDisplay_Resize(object sender, System.EventArgs e) Line 39230 C#
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(System.EventArgs e) + 0xc3 bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.OnResize(System.EventArgs e) + 0xd bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(System.EventArgs e) + 0x27 bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(int x, int y, int width, int height, int clientWidth, int clientHeight) + 0xa3 bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(int x, int y, int width, int height) + 0x7f bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetBoundsCore(int x, int y, int width, int height, System.Windows.Forms.BoundsSpecified specified) + 0xd8 bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(System.Drawing.SizeF factor, System.Windows.Forms.BoundsSpecified specified) + 0x437 bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(System.Drawing.SizeF includedFactor, System.Drawing.SizeF excludedFactor, System.Windows.Forms.Control requestingControl) + 0x9c bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.Scale(System.Drawing.SizeF includedFactor, System.Drawing.SizeF excludedFactor, System.Windows.Forms.Control requestingControl) + 0x8b bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleChildControls(System.Drawing.SizeF includedFactor, System.Drawing.SizeF excludedFactor, System.Windows.Forms.Control requestingControl) + 0xad bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.Scale(System.Drawing.SizeF includedFactor, System.Drawing.SizeF excludedFactor, System.Windows.Forms.Control requestingControl) + 0xa5 bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.OnChildLayoutResuming(System.Windows.Forms.Control child, bool performLayout) + 0xea bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnLayoutResuming(bool performLayout) + 0x34 bytes
  System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.ResumeLayout(bool performLayout) + 0x13c bytes
  PowerSDR.exe!System.Windows.Forms.PanelTS.ResumeLayout(bool performLayout) Line 922 C#
  PowerSDR.exe!PowerSDR.Console.InitializeComponent() Line 7143 C#
  PowerSDR.exe!PowerSDR.Console.Console(string[] args) Line 1556 C#

73's

Chris

KE9M / LA8GTA