[hpsdr] Possible 5 band VHF transverter?

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Sat Mar 16 13:37:21 PDT 2013

Hi Phil

It would be beneficial if the 122.88 MHz phase locked signal were
available to use with a simple 2M circuit like/similar to the one  Paul
Wade W1GHZ describes as Miniverter-F
www.w1ghz.org/small_proj/Miniverter_F.zip
and available from Down East Microwave as a kit
http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/ghzmini.htm

This approach would be quite simple to get to 144MHz, especially if one
has a PA with a receive preamp.
The other bands may be able to use with a multiplier circuit [ie 122.88
x3 = 368.64 & would yield a 146.64MHZ IF for 222MHz].

The 5 band unit would probably need more signals to phase lock an
oscillator like the ones mentioned in the other posts.  I can not
determine where or how the phase lock signals originate or how to access
from the Hermes schematics.

Thanks 73
Dick K9IVB