[hpsdr] Possible 5 band VHF transverter?

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Mar 16 19:58:12 PDT 2013

Hi Dick,

There are a couple of ways to do this.

1. Connect directly to the output of the 122.88MHz VCXO on pin 3.  I suggest
you do this via a low value capacitor (say 4.7pf) into a length of small
diameter 50 ohm coax.  You can then amplify the LO level externally to the
level required for your mixer.

2. Bring the 122.88 MHz signal out to one of the pins on J14.  This will
mean the loss of one of the DEBUG_LEDS since they share J14 pins but has the
advantage that no soldering is required.  Connect to the pin and ground  as
per the above.

73 Phil...VK6APH