[hpsdr] pan lock function in cuSDR - fantastic!

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Tue Mar 19 21:26:27 PDT 2013

On 3/19/2013 2:40 PM, Andrew wrote:

> Hi All,
> Thanks to Phil VK6APH I have discovered the 'pan lock' feature in
> cuSDR. Finally I can set the panadapter and waterfall to monitor say
> all of the 40m band for example and tune up and down without the whole
> display shifting to the left or right and losing the waterfall history
> - fantastic for contests. Well done Hermann! No Tx sadly though.
> How difficult would this be to add to PowerSDR VFO A (yes I know VFO B
> will sort of do this but its not the same)? I have no idea. With the
> new 384k panadapter (which is also fantastic) it would a superb feature.
> Thanks,
> Andrew
> G4XZL

That has been on the PowerSDR wish list for a very long time. I forget
the details now, but I had a nice chat with one of the software
developers in Austin and he explained that this is a very non-trivial
enhancement, so don't expect it any time soon.
Where I would really use it is when 6m is open. You get a picture of
where everything is happening with the waterfall and panadapter, and
that mental map is lost when clicking on a station up the band.
Having multiple receivers available now helps a lot, however.

I haven't played with cuSDR yet. It sounds like a really nice piece of
work. As I understand it, it runs (mostly?) on the video card. I haven't
seen info on what level of video processing is needed, but it is
something I should try.

GL & 73,  Alf  NU8I
Phoenix  AZ  DM33xo