[hpsdr] setting metis IP address in PowerSDR

Andy Howell andy at gamubaru.com
Tue Mar 26 01:17:48 PDT 2013

On 03/26/2013 02:58 AM, Jeremy McDermond wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2013, at 12:47 AM, Andy Howell <andy at gamubaru.com> wrote:
>
>> Jeremy,
>>
>> Well thats a heck of a note. Window in a virtual machine is pretty much a
>> non-starter then. I'm really more interested in a linux solution anyway. I though
>> powerSDR would be a quick way to see if the radio was working.
>>
>> Under linux I should able to tunnel without to much pain, I think.
>>
>> Is it UDP based?
>
> It uses a UDP packet format, but it doesn't have any sort of routing table on it.
>
> You can use Windows in a virtual machine if you set up your VM to bridge your Windows
> instance on to the network rather than doing NAT and friends.  I don't know which VM
> software you're using, so I can't give you many more suggestions.

Jeremy,

	I am running qemu under Ubuntu 12.10. I'm compiling up gnuradio, and  will give that a
try. I can put my laptop on the same subnet. At some point I'll have dedicated machine for
the radio. Ghpsdr3 looks interesting too. That seems like the best distributed option.
Still getting to grips with all the options.

Thanks for your help.

Andy