[hpsdr] Quick Startup Guide (Windows)

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Mon May 13 15:54:01 PDT 2013

I think the guide needs some updating

I just spent about 2 days in an attempt to get all of my HPSDR hardware
updated to the latest versions.
Since I have 3 setups, it is necessary to disassemble everything and
move to a larger workspace. I have an open frame Atlas that I
occasionally use with Janus and Ozy for some Softrocks, a Pandora box
with Atlas, Mercury, Penny, Metis, Alex & Excalibur and a Hermes.

I also use the open frame Alex to reprogram the boards, which worked
fine for everything except Janus even though there is a
"Ozy_Janus_v2.4.rbf" file in the download directory.

So one thing that needs to be clarified is how to update the Ozy - Janus
hardware.

Another would be how to setup to run multiple instances of each program
for different hardware configurations.

Additionally a better description of the W5WC "PowerSDRxxxxxxxx"
programs so you have an idea of which is which and does what.

Links should be added to the "downloads page" and the
"POWERSDR_USER_NOTES.pdf" location.

Finally Net Framework 3.5 is also needed in addition to the full Net
Framework 4 or the windows software will not run.

I am also upgrading my "Radio" PC to a Intel G860 with 4g Ram on a new
Asus H61M-A MB running XP-SP3.
My old system, which worked just fine with Hermes and both
PowerSDR_mRX_v3.0.11.0 and PowerSDR_RX2_v2.2.14.0 after the proper
programs were finally installed, is an Intel Atom 330 [1.6GHz Dual Core]
with 2Gig of memory running XP SP3.

I experiences no problems with IP addresses on Hermes either on or off
my network which has a Linksys WRT610N with two Trendnet TEG-S8g Gigabit
Switches which gives me16 wired connections in addition to the Dual Band
wireless.  The WRT610N permits reservation of IP addresses to MAC
Addresses, so fixed IP's are not really necessary.

Hope to find out how to update my Ozy Janus boards.

73, Dick K9IVB