[hpsdr] Hermes -- updating from original 1.8 firmware?

John Ackermann jra at febo.com
Sat May 25 12:41:54 PDT 2013

Hi --

I just brought up my TAPR Hermes board (integrated with the ANAN-10
amplifier and enclosure.  All jumpers are in the default position (as
far as I know... at least I haven't changed anything from the way it was
when I opened the bag).

Everything is working fine with the original version 1.8 firmware.  I'd
like to update that, so I just downloaded HPSDRProgrammer_V2 and Hermes
firmware v2.4

When I run HPSDRProgrammer, the board is discovered just fine and I can
read the RBF file.  But when I try to program, I see the "Erasing..."
message and a little while later the bottom of the window says "Power
cycle and try again."

I've power cycled and tried again several times now, always with the
same result.

What am I doing wrong?  Since the current firmware is so old (v1.8, do I
maybe need to do an intermediate update before going to the newest
version?  Or does this indicate an improperly set jumper? (Lord, I hope
not as getting at the jumpers with everything buttoned up in the
enclosure is no easy task!)

Thanks,

John