[hpsdr] Hermes -- updating from original 1.8 firmware?

dmb at lightstream.net dmb at lightstream.net
Sat May 25 13:28:39 PDT 2013

Hello John,

The issue you're having sounds just like the one that I was having when I
tried to update Metis with the latest version of HPSDRProgrammer_V2. I end
up with the same "Power cycle and try again" message at the bottom of the
dialog box, but if you click on the little white square beneath the "File"
menu item at the top, you'll get a new window showing all of the messages,
and the message preceding "Power cycle and try again" will probably be:
"Error: erase timeout". In my case, I reverted back to the previous
version of HPSDRProgrammer_v2 (which I still had tucked away on my
computer), and then was able to update Metis to the latest firmware.
Perhaps the previous version of HPSDRProgrammer_V2 will work for you as
well.

73,
Dale, WA8SRA