[hpsdr] Potential Metis Bug and Protocol Ambiguity

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Thu May 30 13:39:49 PDT 2013

While trying to prepare today for the SeaPac convention, I noticed that my Atlas/Metis system was taking about 2x the bandwidth of my Hermes system as I measured on my iPad.  It appears as though Metis is not processing the start command correctly when you are not asking for the wideband data to be sent.  Looking at a wireshark trace, I'm still getting the endpoint 6 data even though I'm specifically asking for it not to be sent.  Hermes seems to do this correctly, but Metis does not.

Additionally, there's a little bit of an ambiguity in the spec.  Looking at the traces, it seems as if there is a different sequence number coming across for endpoint 6 data from the endpoint 4 data.  I had always read the spec that the sequence number was over the total packets coming out of the system.  Are separate sequence numbers intended, or is this an oversight/bug?

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com