[hpsdr] Using Tmate2 with PowerSDR OpenHPSDR

Steve Ireland vk6vz at arach.net.au
Thu May 30 20:59:16 PDT 2013

G’day everyone

I recently purchased a WoodBox Radio Tmate 2 for use with PowerSDR Open HPSDR running on my HPSDR. I am using PowerSDR Open HPSDR 2RX v2.2.12.

I have installed VSPE Manager, created a virtual ‘Splitter-type com port with the latter (‘Com 2’) and also selected this in the Power SDR CAT interface configuration. Both the virtual port and the PowerSDR CAT interface have 1200 baud selected.

The good news is the Tmate2 USB controller LED lights, the various modes of operation of the Tmate2 appear on the display and its backlight comes on, so communication appears to be (partly at least) taking place, but none of the rotary encoders or push-button switches are operational.

Please, is anyone using Tmate 2 successfully with PowerSDR Open HPSDR  and, if so, please can they tell which version they are using, the set-up parameters and any additional software?  Any other ideas to get the Tmate2 going on my HPSDR (Mercury, Penelope, Ozy, Penywhistle) would be much appreciated!

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ