[hpsdr] Clarification question- Hermes & Alex

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Sun May 12 08:44:57 PDT 2013

Dave

Hermes controls Alex from J15 directly.  If you have a TAPR build Hermes
you must do one of two things.
1. Add J15 to Hermes from the top side [already installed on Apache
version].

2. If you want to use J32 installed on the bottom of the board from the
Apollo connector [which is a mirror image of J15] you can construct a
jumper / conversion adapter.  All that is needed is a short 10 pin to10
pin ribbon cable and a dual 10 pin header with long leads on both sides
[the pins on both sides need to be about 1/2" long to make contact on
both sides of the ribbon connectors.  Plug the short jumper cable into
Hermes, plug the long header into the jumper and plug the Alex 10 pin
cable into the other side.  Pay attention to where pin 1 starts and
where it belongs on the Alex cable [red stripe].

Dick K9IVB