[hpsdr] external 10MHz reference input

H.A.Meijer meijer.ha at home.nl
Sat May 18 01:44:04 PDT 2013

Hi Tokio,

I'm measuring at the circuit,  the signal coming from the internal 10MHz
is a nice square wave,
but when put on the external 10MHz (+13dBm 1V-tt @50Ohm sinus wave) it's
not a nice square wave coming out
from the 2 stage buffer, just some top flatting at one site.
When I lowering the external 10MHz with an 20dB attenuator, this change
to a 2V tt sinus wave and no locking at all.
So this could means that, a) I need bigger signal from my external 10MHz or
                                       b) I can try to modify some more
this 2 stage buffer for better square-wave.
Yes, when using the external 10Mhz the internal osc is switched off
completely, by removing the psu jumper and output from the osc.

Thanks

Bert