[hpsdr] Saving panadapter data?

Warren C. Pratt warren at wpratt.com
Mon May 20 09:49:58 PDT 2013

Hi Alf,

I think you'd have to do some coding to get the data into a file.  (At least
I'm not thinking of another way at the moment.)

The source code for the latest mRX can be found here:
<http://svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/W5WC/PowerSDR_HPSDR_mRX>

The spectrum processing code (generates both panadapter and spectrum data)
is packaged in the specHPSDR.dll; so look for the specHPSDR project.  I
wrote the code.  Unfortunately, I have too much going on right now to be
able to add this capability; however, I'm happy to answer some basic
questions if you want to give it a try.

A few quick thoughts:
**You can obviously get pre-averaged or post-averaged data.
**You can get data at the FFT resolution or data at the screen resolution.
**I recall adding a SnapSpectrum function to get raw FFT output to be used
for the calibration procedures--that might help.
**I'd suggest that any file-writing you do be done on a new thread.

Sorry I can't take this on at the moment.

73,
Warren  NR0V