[hpsdr] Cyclops

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon May 20 19:05:09 PDT 2013

Cyclops Update.

I have a prototype of the Cyclops spectrum analyser working based on
evaluation modules. I've been able to increase the upper frequency to
6GHz.

The concept of removing images and stitching together individual spectrum
scans in software works really well. The latter technique has already been
applied to PowerSDRmRX.

There are a couple of items that needed to be in place before we could
commit to Cyclops hardware, these were:

1. Increase the sampling rate of Mercury and
2. Implement Gigabit Ethernet speeds.

Both these have recently been achieved and I'll be releasing higher
sampling rate code for Mercury shortly.

I have a full Gigabit implementation for Metis working and
proof-of-concept for Hermes.

Just need more hours in the day!

73 Phil...VK6APH