[hpsdr] PowerSDR T/R transition

Barry N1EU n1eu.barry at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 14:12:31 PST 2013

I'm noticing two things on the transition back to receive after a PTT ssb
xmsn, using PowerSDR OpenHPSDR mRX v3.1.5 with Hermes/ANAN-10:

1. There is always a slight bleep of audio in the headphones when releasing
PTT, which seems unconnected to the tx audio.  I hear this bleep even when
my mic is silent (i.e., I just tap PTT).  I think this might be a known bug?

2. The receiver recovers slowly instead of immediately.  Even with fast
AGC, I'm seeing a consistent ~300msec for the receiver to recover to full
volume when there's no signal, only band noise, in the passband.  This
makes it tough to hear a weak caller at first, after you finish a cq.

73, Barry N1EU