[hpsdr] Spectrum challenge this weekend!

Andrew irbsurfing at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 14:57:25 PST 2013

Hi All,
I'm not into HF CW contesting but nevertheless have found it interesting to monitor the CQWWDX CW contest which happens this weekend using my HPSDR kit. Last time I captured some screenshots showing I think impressive activity and I have put a couple of them on Flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14777259@N02/
It's incredible how many stations you can see in the waterfall - 100's??
This time making use of the larger FFT sizes available in PSDR (thanks Warren and Doug!) and a slightly better antenna (modest - OCFD at 5m agl) I am hoping to spot even more, conditions permitting!

So if anyone is in their shack this weekend and has a few minutes to spare to capture some screenshots when activity is at its greatest and the signals are strongest then it would be really interesting.
If you do, don't forget to indicate roughly where you are and what the antenna is with time / date (need to label mine better). Try to set the receive frequency and span to capture all the cw activity across the panafall display.Hopefully we could put a gallery together.
Even if you don't hear much with a good antenna or signals are weak but plentiful it would still be interesting to know. The more geographically spread the better. Anybody got really big antennas?

Look forward to hearing from you, should be fun! Sorry no prizes!

Thanks,

Andrew
G4XZL