[hpsdr] Munin 2 Mods

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Tue Nov 5 10:50:02 PST 2013

Hi John

Thanks for the kind words.

I have a synopsis of my technique in the first two pages of the General
Construction Info:
http://www.k9ivb.net/munin2/Munin2_General_Construction_Info_07052013.pdf

The solder that I used was Qualitek Int. Inc. PN 50-30523, Sn60/PB40,
0.025" dia, RA300 3.3% Flux.

I also have (2), 5# spools of 0.032" Gardiner Solder 2.5% Core from the
1970's that I also use for everything including SMT.  I believe this is
also 60/40 Rosin core but it was made before all of the other
requirements and no other info appears on the spools [I used this in the
workplace, lab and home - have yet to start the second spool].

The Soldering Iron is a Weller WR-40P [40 Watt] Iron with a ST6 tip and
a 1N7000 diode that is switched in and out for idle/low power or full power.

Dick K9IVB