[hpsdr] Re Munin low output on 6m

a.groff k0vm at mchsi.com
Fri Nov 22 08:50:09 PST 2013

Kjell,
    Replacing the Capacitors and I can now get 115 watt at 50mhz and a
bit more at 53mhz.

    However, at 28mhz I can only get 90 watts and less at  30mhz .. ( a
lot less at 42 mhz ).
It appears to start going into saturation at about 75 watt at 28mhz.   (
I had 100+w at 28 before replacing the capacitors.)

   I think I shall try tightening up the turns on L4  (??? ) if your
think that would help.

AL, K0VM

On 11/16/2013 11:04 AM, a.groff wrote:
> Kjell,
>    I have the Caps on order and will report back..
>    If the problem is in the final output transformer shouldn't the
> t1-2 source current increase as driver is increased above saturation ??
>    At 40watts output ( below saturation ) the drive required for 40
> watts out is basically flat from 160m thru 6m.
>
> AL, K0VM
>

> On 11/16/2013 3:30 AM, Kjell Karlsen wrote:
>> Hi Al.
>>
>> I agree that the problem might be one of the capacitors. All my
>> problems with low power on 6 meter has been with the output
>> transformer and components around it.
>>
>> Please report back when you have tested with new capacitors.
>>
>> 73, Kjell
>>

>> På Sat, 16 Nov 2013 00:33:28 +0100, skrev Bob Campbell
>> <joan-bob at bigpond.net.au>:
>>
>>> ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
>>>
>>> Hi Al,
>>>
>>> Check caps C25 C26 C27 are all ok.
>>>
>>> Mine failed when I went to load it up on 6m, blew the cermic cap apart.
>>>
>>> As Kjell suggested in a previous post replace these caps with four
>>> 220pf
>>> 500vw 1206 caps.  Since doing this mine has been ok.  I suspect with
>>> this mod the current is shared evenly between all 4 caps and the
>>> circuit
>>> is much more stable and I have no trouble getting the desired output on
>>> 6m now.
>>>
>>> 73's
>>> Bob.c