[hpsdr] anyone using N1MM logger with PowerSDR?

Barry N1EU n1eu.barry at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 18:16:48 PDT 2013

Thanks for reaching out on my behalf Ken.  Just to fill in, here's the
issue:  I'm using N1MM Logger with PowerSDR OpenHPSDR mRX emulating TS2000
and VSP Manager providing the port pair emulation.  It seems to work fine
but eventually, within an hour or so, I start getting log entry errors and
I can't log any more contacts.  The specific error is zero length string
for mode, even though mode is correctly displayed on the N1MM entry
screen.  I asked about it on the N1MM reflector and the only way around the
problem is to delete and recreate the port pair in VSP Manager.  This is an
obvious show stopper going into this weekend's dx contest and I'm almost
ready to swap the rig out.  If anybody out there has gotten N1MM Logger to
run reliably for hours on end with PowerSDR, what are you using for rig
emulation and virtual port software?

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU