[hpsdr] Help with Metis protocol please

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Sun Oct 27 04:37:15 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm debugging some problems on a new back-end. In order to eliminate the
old versions of firmware I was using I upgraded to the latest releases.
It didn't help so I'm going through with a fine tooth comb, and so
starts a few questions.

1. When I installed the new firmware I was getting continuous sequence
errors and found that a larger read buffer fixed it. I'm pretty sure
this is due to the wide band bandscope throwing a lot more data at me
(was 4K now 16K).

2. In order to just concentrate on the IQ data I wanted to turn off WB
data but found I couldn't. According to the docs the Cmd byte bit 0
turns on IQ and bit 1 turns on WB. However I seem to get both with any
combination of bit 0 and 1 except 00 which gives me nothing. I also
tried to selectively turn off WB by sending a stop command with Cmd byte
0x02 immediately after the start but that didn't work either.

Any help appreciated.

73 Bob G3UKB