[hpsdr] Munin heat sink and spreader

Mike Culver mculver at extencia.com
Wed Oct 9 20:54:50 PDT 2013

There's a difference between high conductivity and high thermal transfer. Used to be in the electrical wholesale distribution business, so sold a lot of this stuff. Which does not make me an expert by any means.

You can smooth it with fine-grained sandpaper on a block. I'd start with 180 grit and work my way to 600 grit or so. As a file + sandpaper project, you likely need to budget 2-4 hours to get it into a really good state that is still square in all the right places.

Or if you know anyone with a mill, here's the perfect application to mill it flat.