[hpsdr] High Power Alex??

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Thu Oct 17 12:16:04 PDT 2013

Don

I think most of the serious design work was done with Alex.  The
required work is repackaging Alex TX for higher power and relays.  Not a
trivial job but mostly mechanical PCB layout and testing.

FAR Circuits has a board for the TOM SOWDEN HIGH POWER HARMONIC FILTER
[QST June 2006] which might be good for prototyping.
http://www.farcircuits.net/
and/or
http://www.w6kan.com/ssamp.html

A simplified decoder schematic for Alex TR & RX is in my Alternate Alex file
http://k9ivb.net/munin2/Alternate_Alex_Interface_V6.pdf
I do not think my board will take 500W .

The Alex RX could remain basically the same.  But it would be a good
idea to add a ground to the inputs on TX at this power level.

Although I have no interest in a 500W amp, I would be willing to help if
there is a project.

Dick K9IVB