[hpsdr] Angelia_v2.0 firmware and new output_file.pof file

K4LCD k4lcd at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 15 11:52:16 PDT 2013

Hi Bill,

Attempting this firmware upgrade with HPSDR Programmer v. 1.6, actually
rendered your ANAN 100-D useless? Why? Will this happen to me also? And
to all other ANAN 1000-Ds?

You wrote that:

/After disconnecting all cables including power, I removed only the
front panel screws and front panel.  I was then able to slide the
Angelia board out far enough to plug my USB Blaster into P2.  Ran the
Altera Quartus II software and selected output_file.pof. which I had
downloaded from Joe's site. Powered up the radio.  Took several minutes,
but the installation completed without any issue. /

I did not get a "USB blaster" with my radio. The procedure that you
outline seems somewhat above my level of technical expertise, as
upgrading may ruin my radio that came only with v.1.8.

Does Apache Labs have a place where I can take/send my radio to do this
upgrades?

73

Juan /K4LCD

--