[hpsdr] Recovering well

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Sep 18 18:06:36 PDT 2013

All,

Many thanks for your best wishes for my recovery. It seems that I had two
tears in the retina of my left eye.

Since I've been getting 'floaters' in my eyes for some time I was aware of
the symptoms of a retinal tear - flashes of light in the eye.

In many cases a tear can be repaired with a laser 'spot weld' round the
tear but in my case because there were multiple tears, and their location,
 I needed key hole surgery and a gas bubble inserted to aid recovery.

Recovery is going well and I expect to be back to normal in a few weeks.

Fascinating technology and I'm grateful its was immediately accessible.

So, if you ever see flashes of light in your eye go straight to the
emergency department of your local hospital. Delaying this could cause
loss of your sight.

73 Phil...VK6PH