[hpsdr] Apache Labs - ANAN Radios - Warranty - and Recalls.

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.com
Mon Sep 23 05:41:15 PDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:59 AM, K4LCD <k4lcd at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Abhi,

Juan,

> I suggest you have your General Counsel read this Yale University Law
> School paper on Warrantees: http://digitalcommons.law.**
> yale.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?**article=1570&context=fss_**papers<http://digitalcommons.law.yale.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1570&context=fss_papers>. The United States FTC (Federal Trade Commission) may deem you to be
> engaging in Predatory Marketing practices when you fail to extend the same
> Warranty to the same radios, based on when you sold them, where you sold
> them or at what prices.

You are a troll and a demagogue. You are the self-appointed protector of
hamdom who seeks to raise his importance by saving the rest of us from the
evils of Apache Labs. You can't actually add anything to the process by
writing software, doing support, writing documentation, or doing
presentations at club meetings and hamfests, so you insert yourself into
the process by creating made-up problems and then "solving" them, hoping
that the uninitiated will see you "solving" them without recognizing you
made them up in the first place. I had to deal with people like you in
government and in large corporations.

Apache has not engaged in predatory marketing practices. They have not
reduced the value of the radios in any way. They have said from the very
beginning that they are going to raise prices after the "introductory"
period and they have done just that. But they have also raised the warranty
period at the same time so you actually get more for the extra money you
are paying. And they have in no way lessened what was offered to the
original purchaser. There is no fraud in that at all -- except in your
annoying attempt to create a problem where none exists.

Furthermore, you are confirming that Apache Labs engineering design of all
> the Power Supply Units are defective, since they overheat. This has been
> extensively discussed in these Users Groups. This should be the subject of
> a recall and repaired at Apache Labs expense.

 Getting hot does not mean "overheat". And if Apache wants to make a 100/a
or 100D/a with a new power supply, that is ALSO their prerogative.

Finally, many of us have known, for months now, That Apache Labs has
> developed a mod, for the 100 W PA in the ANAN radios to correct the IMD
> problem. Without these mods the 100W PAs in the ANAN radios DO NOT meet
> Apache Labs published IMD or FCC required figures.  This should also be
> subject of the recall and corrected at Apache Labs cost.

And how do you know there is an IMD problem with the PA? Have you measured
anything?

> Please listen to the market. It is a Global market.

I don't think anyone has a problem listening to the market. You, on the
other hand, are difficult to listen to.

> Sincerely,
>
> Juan /K4LCD
>
> --