[hpsdr] Mercury update Issue

Randy rg321 at nc.rr.com
Tue Apr 8 14:43:22 PDT 2014

Hi Everyone

I am trying to update my Mercury receiver and I am have difficulties, here is the process I am trying

1. Install the bootloader jumper on the Metis board
2. Install the JTAG jumper JP7 on the Mercury PCB
3. Run the HPSDR Bootloader version 2.0 and interrogate and the board is detected
4. I select the latest version of the flash code Mercury_EU_V3.4.rbf and program
5. The upload goes great and when it gets to 100% it says complete
6. Then I see erasing flash after several minutes I get a time out failure

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

The board now appears dead as PowerSDR finds the Metis PCB but says the Mercury board has version 0.0 installed and LEDs D7 and D8 are off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Randy
KB4CTS