[hpsdr] Presentation slides

Mike Seguin n1jez at burlingtontelecom.net
Thu Apr 24 15:26:46 PDT 2014

I gave a presentation on Pure Signal at the Eastern VHF/UHF Conference a
couple of weeks back. I thought I'd share the slides. It was based on
the work I did on 6M with the kW LDMOS amplifier. It covers both the amp
running Class AB and Class B.

PDF of the slides is here: (watch any wrap)

http://users.burlingtontelecom.net/~n1jez@burlingtontelecom.net/images/Eastern_VHF_UHF_Conf_2014.pdf

I should note that the IMD numbers on the slides are delta readings
between the two tone level and the worst case IMD3/5 products. To
compare apples and apples with say the ARRL, you need to subtract 6 dB.
So if you see a measurement of -54 dBc, that would be -60 dBc using the
ARRL method.

I also did a test of a 28 MHz brick amp (Blue Thunder 200) as a dare
from a friend. He said "if you can clean this amp up, I'll be impressed"
Judge for yourself.

There are a few more slides at the very end that are the start of
measurements with my ANAN-100 and ACOM 1006 using a Wavenode RF sampler.
I used the "no holes" mod for Crosstalk isolation to feed a clean signal
from the ACOM back to RX1 solving the internal crosstalk issue.
(although one slide is with internal crosstalk).

Enjoy.

Mike

Mike, N1JEZ
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"