[hpsdr] TeamSpeak: Server Dropped My Connection

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Fri Apr 25 18:39:08 PDT 2014

Dave,

ICMP gets filtered a lot over the net - classic Denial of Service (DoS)
attacks will just ping a server to death, so that isn't the best way really
to determine if a system is up or down, unfortunately these days.

Try pinging www.amazon.com as an example.  Well, after today's earning
announcements... (Ouch!).

But, maybe the TeamSpeak server we're using normally responds to ICMP
packets and it isn't now, as you have pointed out.

73's!,
John
AJ6BC

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Dave Larsen <kv0s.dave at gmail.com> wrote:

> John --
>
> I tried a ping on the machine and no reply so the machine must be down.
>
> Dave KV0S
>

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM, John C. Westmoreland, P.E. <
> john at westmorelandengineering.com> wrote:

>> I am getting this in the client window:
>>
>> <18:28:32> Trying to resolve hostname ts.nh6z.net
>> <18:28:36> Trying to connect to server on ts.nh6z.net
>> <18:28:41> Failed to connect to server
>>
>> 73's,
>> John
>> AJ6BC
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM, John C. Westmoreland, P.E. <
>> john at westmorelandengineering.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> I was listening to Warren I think when my connection dropped - when I
>>> try to reconnect, I just get something that says, "Error".
>>>
>>> My internet connection is up.
>>>
>>> At least this happened after everyone's update.
>>>
>>> 73's,
>>> John