[hpsdr] mercury deaf [was Hello]

AD0ES ad0es at ad0es.net
Sat Aug 9 08:26:15 PDT 2014

Hi,

I wrote earlier about my issues getting a metis/mercury working.  Finally had success last nite!
For the record, I found the following:

The mercury as shipped from TAPR had unknown/non-working firmware installed:
>  Mercury Software version: 255 (0xFF)

I upgraded metis to 2.9 and mercury to 3.4.

I tried 4 different software packages, only one works.  Each was built from sources obtained from their motherload
several weeks ago:

	ghpsdr:		seg-faults on startup.
	ghpsdr3:	works.
	ghpsdr3-Qt:	dspserver seg-faults on startup.
	ghpsdr3-alex:	runs, but is "deaf" <<< this was the version I did most of my early testing with

Using ubuntu 64-bit 14.04.1

I am going after the seg-faults next, any wisdom on this issue gladly accepted...

Steve AD0ES