[hpsdr] QSK question

Ben Witvliet pa5bw at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 24 11:55:16 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I hesistating to switch from my FT990 to an ANAN-200D as my primary RIG as
I love the superb quality of the HPSDR receiver and I got hooked on the
overview that the waterfall display offer. But I'm also a fanatic DX-er
and CW QSK adept, and therefore CAN't LIVE without QSK ;-)

I had Erik PA3DES demonstrate the ANAN-10D (HPSDR Hermes) to me with QSK
on, but we could not get it working properly. Of course with paddle and
headphones connected directly to the ANAN hardware. The switching seems
fast enough, but after every dash or dit the AGC of the receiver has to
slowly come back to normal, making it impossible to hear anything in
between the CW symbols.

(1) Any experienced HPSDR user and CW-er here that can tell me what
settings we have wrong?
(2) Any HPSDR user in The Netherlands that has experience with HF DX-ing
in CW and with QSK willing to give a demo of his HPSDR station?

Kindest regards, 73,
  Ben PE5B / PA5BW / 5R8DS