[hpsdr] openHPSDR at the forefront of SDR development

H.A.Meijer meijer.ha at home.nl
Wed Aug 20 01:58:26 PDT 2014

Phil Harman schreef op 20-8-2014 om 9:31:

> Current SDRs use the software equivalent of zero IF techniques, i.e. DDC,
> in order to provide (multiple) receivers.   Whist this is quite effective,
> much of the initial DSP work is done using FPGAs, or a combination of FPGA
> plus dedicated DSP chips and microprocessors, rather than totally within
> the PC.
>
> As more complex features are added, the size and complexity of the FPGA
> and DSP code increases. The skills to write, debug and maintain this code
> is only available via a small percentage of software engineers, or
> enthusiasts, in comparison to those able to write code for PC based
> hardware.

Hi,

I'm just a "end-user" and not a software engineer, so it's not very
easy, for me, to understand all of this.
Does it mean that that this "new board" is connected between your sdr
transceiver (hermes etc) and your PC?.
I would rater like a 'stand-alone' and 'High Performance' solution for
better DSP functionality etc,
and to get rid of my pc, then an extra board that just needs more soft-
and firmware....
But I understand that this is very exiting for software engineers, so
good luck.

Bert PA2XHF

---
Dit e-mailbericht bevat geen virussen en malware omdat avast! Antivirus-bescherming actief is.