[hpsdr] openHPSDR at the forefront of SDR development

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Aug 20 04:28:08 PDT 2014

Hi Kjell,

Initially its not going to be possible to cover  0 to 55MHz of spectrum
since with 16 bits of ADC data that would exceed the capacity of the Gigabit
channel.

We could reduce the ADC data to 8 bits but that would hardly meet the 'High
Performance' requirement!

We can still use 6m since this will alias into the 0-30MHz range, but we
can't do both at the same time.

We still have 16Mbps 'spare' in the Ethernet bandwidth so we may be able to
include 6m using a conventional DDC.

Still early days,  we can use the mini PCIe interface on the Jetson board to
interface to the ADC/DAC in order to run at faster sampling rates.  At the
moment we don't know how much spare processing capacity we have on  board so
still lots more tests to run.

73 Phil...VK6PH