[hpsdr] openHPSDR at the forefront of SDR development

G3VRF g3vrf at johnc57uk.plus.com
Wed Aug 20 06:54:16 PDT 2014

Hi Phil et al,

Having been around in Ham radio for a good long while now, I have seen
many changes and advancements in the hobby over the many years but none
as exciting as this.

I would like to echo Jeff's sentiments G0AFQ, and express how sincerely
grateful I am to yourself Phil, and all the others who have contributed
to the HPSDR project and from whom I've benefited.

I have a Hermes board and homebrew low power PA which works extremely
well and is a pleasure to use. In my view it easily out performs my
Yaesu and Icom transceivers on receive. When I complete the high power
PA it will no doubt out perfom on tx as well.

I have earwigged on the side for a long while now monitoring
developments and comments with interest. Next step is to purchase a
Jetson TK1 SBC and attempt to build cuSDR on that.

Again my heartfelt thanks.

73s

John G3VRF