[hpsdr] Computer hardware advice

Conrad Farlow conrad at g0ruz.com
Sun Feb 9 09:08:53 PST 2014

I will be ordering either a Hermes or ANAN-10 in 2 weeks time and I have
been wondering about computer hardware. Could someone give me some
indication of what sort of performance/specification I will need? I
already have an older i5 machine with an Intel DP55WG motherboard 8GB
DDR3 RAM and an Nvidia GE9600 video card. This machine has Gigabit
ethernet and will happily run 2 monitors. I also have a Delta 44 in
there which I intend using with an IQ+ SDR for adaptive EME. I suspect
that this machine would run what I need  but I will use it for a very
specific purpose and so I will need a new machine. I would like to use
at least 2 monitors, maybe even three and will need to run WSJT, a
simple log program and PowerSDR with the Hermes/ANAN-10.  I intend to
have internet connectivity using WiFi connections to cut down on noise
being radiated from Ethernet cables so I don't see the need for a
switch, or am I missing something?

73

Conrad G0RUZ IO93FR

North Wakefield Radio Club