[hpsdr] FM RF level

Brian D brian13434 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 05:29:39 PST 2014

I came to use my Anan100d on 2m at the weekend using my transverter and had
problems with the RF out being very low.

Susequent investigations seem to indicate that the RF output is reduced by
6dB when using FM, as it also does with AM.

This is using versions of HPSDR later than 3.2.7

I tried 3.1.5 and the level was not reduced. Something changed between the
versions. The reduction may be worthwhile using the built in amplifier but
it reduces the power output I can attain on 2m.

Is there any setting I've overlooked, or could this reduction be made
optional (possibly in Tx profiles)?

--
Brian Duffell
G3VGZ G8AOE