[hpsdr] Mercury Spurious signals.

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Mon Feb 24 03:02:40 PST 2014

Hi all.

For a long time I have not used my OpenHPSDR rig with Metis, Mercury and
Penelope. It seems to be working OK with the latest firmware installed but
there are 2 strong spurious signal present on 20 meter that I do not
remember having seen before, at least so strong. One is at 14,2058 MHz and
the other is at 14,2079 MHz. Without anything connected to the antenna
connector the first is -111 dBm and the second is at -122 dBm. With the
antenna connector terminated with 50 Ohm, the level is -108 dBm and -120
dBm.

I have used a "sniffer" and can positively say it is coming from the top
side of Mercury and they are strongest very near the FPGA. I also see the
noise increase near the FPGA but that is natural with all the signals
present in this chip.

I tried to "sniff" Hermes too but I do not find those signals here, at
least they are very weak.

But something must have happened on the way. As far as I remember the two
spurs were not present before but I may have forgot it. If so, just blame
it on my age!

73, Kjell

--
Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/