[hpsdr] PureSignal with Anan-10

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Sat Feb 1 06:20:51 PST 2014

Hi Jeff,
I have an ANAN-10 and have tried to get PureSignal to show me a green
LEVEL light without any luck. I can't get enough feedback into the XVRT
RX SMA connection on the back.

*HOWEVER* if you turn on a 2-tone test and turn on Adaptive
Pre-Distortion (PureSignal) you WILL SEE A DRAMATIC IMPROVEMENT.

Run some tests with PureSignal ON and I bet you will be very pleasantly
surprised.

The PureSignal Team is aware of the ANAN-10 feedback path and there may
be some new firmware to help us reach a better feedback level. VK6PH
announced on Teamspeak last night that he was working on a new firmware
rbf file that will also work with cuSDRxx.

Hang in there - your ANAN-10 will show at least a 40db improvement in
3rd, 5th and 7th order harmonics (the harmonics are odd because the
Hermes is designed a balanced 2 FET final and cancels out the even
harmonics <g>).

GL de N9VV

On 2/1/2014 8:03 AM, Jeff Kelly wrote:

> I think I am confused – does PureSignal work with the Anan-10?
> The Anan-10 doesn’t have the EXT 2 or EXT 1 BNC’s.
> And I can’t seem to find any Alex controls on PowerSDR for RX1 or RX2 in
> on TX.
> Hopefully I am just doing something wrong Smile
> Any direction would be most helpful.
> Thank you,
> Jeff
> K2SDR