[hpsdr] Predistortion and different types of amplifiers?

John Marvin jm-hpsdr at themarvins.org
Wed Feb 12 15:50:21 PST 2014

I was planning on either building Helmut's design or purchasing a RF-S2K
sampler from cleanrf.com (one man company located in my home town, so I
thought I might help him out and save the time of putting something
together myself). However, both of these samplers require a break in the
signal path, which is probably more modification than I want to do to my
amp at this point.

I haven't actually looked, but I believe the interface you are talking
about is not a plug on a cable that I could easily unplug and put
something in the path, but is instead a plug on a board that is attached
directly to a jack on an adjacent board on the board stack, requiring a
more significant and permanent (albeit probably not difficult) change to
a product under warranty.

I am still interested to know what the tradeoff will be with including
the tuner in the path.

Thanks Lyle for sharing this information regarding the KXPA100. I might
first see how well PureSignal performs, even if I have to recalibrate
with every tuner change, and then decide if I want to pursue a better
connection option.

John
AC0ZG