[hpsdr] Predistortion

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 6 17:32:26 PST 2014

Hi Abhi & All,
I have a friend interested in the Anan transceiver but he wants to be able to run the predistortion software. I wonder if there is a plan to modify the design internally or externally to include this function? It would be good to be able to get a sample after an external linear.
I have the older predistortion software working great sampling after 4 stages of push pull amplification at 1200 watts PEP.  I have a bit much gain so have some pads after Hermes. 3 stages should be plenty. Still I got a good calibration and really needed to hammer the audio to generate IMD responses. My sample feedback to the RX should be higher but it still works great. I've only had the 1200 watt modified MRI amp on the air for a week so going slow and hope to fine tune the predistortion levels better. Frank WA1GFZ