[hpsdr] Conversion of Excalibur's TCXO to VCTCXO

Jarl Risum jarl.risum at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 11:08:56 PST 2014

Due to a fault that recently developed within the TCXO in my Excalibur I
got the chance to investigate if electrical fine tuning of the TCXO could
be established. I succeeded, and the rather simple conversion – adding two
resistors,a capacitor and a potentiometer – is described in detail on my
home page: http://risums.net/hjem/oz9mo/excaliburvctcxo.html for anyone
interested.

 With this modification, instead of disassembling Pandora to access the
TCXO in order to correct the TCXO frequency, the TCXO frequency can be
adjusted with a potentiometer on Pandora's rear panel.

 The modification does not seem to affect the stability of the TCXO in any
way and has been fun to make. But a magnifying glass and a steady hand is
required.

 73's from OZ9MO / Jarl