[hpsdr] 1 GBps LAN speeds with HPSDR boards ???

Anupam Prasad anupam at ancorlabs.org
Sun Jan 12 23:23:50 PST 2014

Dear All,

I have a GigE LAN card. While interfacing the Hermes I removed the J13 for
operations at 1Gbps with the host PC. However, I am getting sync and IP
packets errors in cuSDR V1.3 at more than 4 receivers (same as when using
100 Mbps). The D 16 LED also blinks at slow rate (indicates 100 MBps)
instead of being steady (at 1000 MBps). I have a straight Cat5E cable of
length 3 Mtrs between the receiver and the PC. The onboard LAN card is
Realtek GBE family 8168. The NIC drivers are updated.

1.       Is there a way to check the LAN speed between the Hermes/Mercury
and the host PC?

2.       Are there any other settings that I have to look into to get the
receiver into 1000 T mode??

73

Anupam Prasad (+91 7838598510)