[hpsdr] HPSDR - Magister & Metis

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Sun Jan 12 04:45:59 PST 2014

OK, now I see.

The Woodbox Radio Hampad appears to be just a rebranded Mimo USB touch
screen monitor. It still needs the software to support what it displays, and
to feed the keystrokes back to the application. So, You will still need a
PC. By definition, the PC is where the operator is (presumably looking at
displays and pushing buttons). So, there would be no operational advantage
to having it plugged into Magister anyway.

Even i you were going to construct a self-contained system, including
on-board PC (micro-ATX board or such), you would still plug it into the PC,
not the openHPSDR hardware.

In an event, the USB port on Magister is not a "host" port, it's a "client"
port. I don't believe it could recognize the Mimo monitor directly.

I hope this info helps.