[hpsdr] Getting Mercury/Penny going under Linux

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Jan 9 06:42:02 PST 2014

Hi Richard,

No, everyone hasn’t moved on to Hermes.  The current firmware still supports Ozy, Mercury, and Penelope, as usual.  It is important to use a consistent set of firmware with your software program.  One consistent set of firmware/software for PowerSDR is:

Ozy v2.5 (loaded by PowerSDR…if a different version shows up for you edit the initOzy11.bat file to point to v2.5)
Mercury v3.4
Penelope v1.8
PowerSDR mRX v3.1.9 (10/14/13)

There are other combinations of firmware/software that will work too but the ones listed above do work together (I just confirmed that they do).

73,  Joe K5SO